Business Time

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today, I've decided to dig out my art stuff and get back to nurturing my creative side. Unfortunately, once everything was laid out, the whole endeavor seemed very daunting. Where to begin?! Should I work with my pastels or charcoals, or have another go at acrylic painting? Should I take inspiration from my garden or from old photographs? Maybe I should draw a series of cat pictures...After thinking quite hard about it, I quickly wore myself out and settled on the couch. Don't worry though (because you surely must be fretting), I am definitely going to draw tomorrow. There's a great picture from the wedding that might look nice in charcoal in our bedroom. I'm a bit nervous though since I haven't drawn in so long but hopefully I won't be too much out of practice.

This morning I woke up at 8 which is pretty early for my usual Saturday routine. I did some early morning gardening and cleaning, which of course tired me out and caused a sheepish return to bed for a cat nap before my 11:30 yoga class. The class was challenging but I'm getting my strength back. My legs were rather stiff from running 5 miles yesterday (in punishment for eating my face off on Thursday - first at CPK for lunch and then at Cheesecake Factory for dinner) but I pushed through it. Of course, the addition of two new students that were pretty good fueled my competitive side and spurred me on as well.

In the afternoon, our wedding album came in the mail, hooray! We ended up getting a coffeebook style album which is less formal then those leather bound types. It looks great though and I can't wait to get the digital negatives so we can finally print some out and frame them. Also, I've compiled a very enticing menu for this week. Expect many food pictures!

On a final note, Ryan and I cannot stop singing this song.


Comments

1 Response to "Business Time"

Monkey said... March 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM

wow, rishita played that filet of fish song on nandan's phone yesterday bc she says it was so stuck in her head.

draw me a present!

i started work on a new sock using self striping yarn. it's so cute so far...