You Know You're A Nerd...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

...when you're ten times more likely to receive a message by email or IM than by cellphone. Keep that in mind folks: if you try to reach me via the internet, there's a good chance I'll reply fairly quickly (if emailed) or instantly (if IM'd) since I'm always on the computer. On the other hand, if you try to reach me by cellphone...well, that's a bit trickier. If you call me or text me, there's a good chance that my phone is out of batteries. If not, there's a good chance I left my phone in a random pile of stuff and have forgotten it for days. Sometimes, both cases apply. I think my preference for internet communication can be attributed to my love of multi-tasking and on a deeper level, my attention span or lack there of (Ryan frequently compares my attention span to that of a carrot). I felt the need to make this observation because I just now saw Michigan's text message from Saturday inviting us to go out. Yes my phone was out of batteries, and yes it was under a pile of mail.

On the yoga front, I'm excited that Four Seasons is offering more challenging classes but a bit frustrated that they are all clumped together. My yoga schedule now looks like Sat and Sun at 11:30am and Mon, Tues and Wed at 5:30pm. That only leaves Thurs and Friday open for a run. Ah well. You would think that I'd get to work earlier since I need to leave by 5 in order to bike over to class but sadly I've still been rolling in at 9. Tomorrow, I'm resolved to get into work by 8:30. Baby steps right?

Tonight, I finally made the creamy tomato soup recipe that Busy Mama recommended. Quite tasty! I might have had a couple tart tomatoes in there but it was still delicious and creamy indeed. Ryan made grilled cheese sandwiches out of Havarti and I tossed a simple salad together. A very nice bistro dinner. Paired with red wine and ending with some Dreyer's Slow Churned French Silk ice cream, who could ask for more?


Comments

3 Responses to "You Know You're A Nerd..."

Monkey said... March 24, 2009 at 10:18 PM

no one calls me anymore bc they know i won't pick up for the same reasons you described. it must be genetic.

that soup looks amazing. i need a hand blender.

JV said... March 24, 2009 at 11:04 PM

That looks sooo yummy. I need a panini press :) I'll put that on the 30 day list.

busy mama said... March 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM

my cell is always in the car and always out of batterie too ;)