OH JOYOUS DAY

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

YAAAAAAAAAY, we just got a message from our realtor that we're officially CLOSED on the house!!! It's ours at long last! Whew. I can't even begin to describe the crazy roller coaster ride we've been on to get this place, but all that is forgotten because it's finally ours. Done and done.

To celebrate, Ryan and I are ordering Pizza Hut (I know - didn't I just say I'd eat healthy?). I guess I'm letting this one slide since we did run 3 miles after work and we are celebrating a big event, so whatever. I can be a lardo for another day :).

It's funny that we closed today because I actually had a run in with the seller's wife this morning. Around 8am, I was woken up by a loud knocking at the door so I put on my oversized pink robe and groggily wandered downstairs. When I opened the door, I was confronted by a strange lady demanding to know who I was and why I was in her house. After some confusion, we figured out that the seller had never told his wife about our interim occupancy agreement and she had expected us to move in after close. Anyway, the wife was clearly embarrassed and apologized, explaining that they were getting divorced and things were "messy". I guess they weren't communicating much. Turns out, she had actually come to the house hoping to recover some plants before we moved in. Slightly alarmed, I followed her into the backyard with the horrified image of her digging up our prized fruit trees and taking them away. Thankfully, she soon clarified that there used to be large plant pots but it looks like her husband had given them all away so she left empty handed. She also mentioned that they had a cat but since there was definitely no cat when we originally viewed the house, the logically assumption is that he gave the cat away as well. So sad. Moral of the story - who suffers the most from a messy divorce? The cat, always the cat.

Comments

2 Responses to "OH JOYOUS DAY"

Monkey said... March 10, 2009 at 11:28 PM

omg. if i ever get married and things are not going well, tony will move with me to the nearest cat friendly hotel. i can't believe he gave away her cat!

JV said... March 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Ouch, he gave away the plants AND the cat... Congrats on your new digs!