Eggless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


This past Sunday, Ryan's sister Kristen ran the La Jolla Half Marathon...

...at a 8:25 min/mile pace!! What the hell? She just had a baby last November AND she's running faster than I could ever run! Life is not fair.

To congratulate her, I'm baking Eggless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (she is semi-vegan). It took me a while to find an eggless dessert that looked worth the effort. The other recipe in the running was this Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding Pie with Creme Fraiche Topping which looks pretty yummy, but we already had all the ingredients for the cookies so it was a no brainer. I even threw some chocolate chips into the dough for good measure.


On the taste front, this cookie is delicious. Chocolate, peanut butter, what's not to love?? On the texture front, it's definitely very fudgy. I personally like my cookies more cakey and fluffy, but I still thoroughly enjoyed these. Ryan and I have already inhaled 4-5 cookies each and I've probably eaten another two cookies worth of dough. This could be forgivable if I hadn't eaten that enormous chocolate croissant earlier at lunch...

Yes I love sweets.

For dinner I made a lemony risotto on a bed of sauteed spinach. Mmmm cheese. Mmmm butter.


PS you were not imagining things when you saw Nixon shaking Elvis's hand on the coffee mug in picture 1. Some things are better left a mystery...

Comments

0 Responses to "Eggless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies"