Garden Update

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ok, turns out plants need water. I knew that. But who knew they needed so much god damn water? I mean, don't they know we're in a drought here? Cut me some slack!

So after putting down the mulch and setting up the sprinkler system to water longer and more frequently then I had previously been doing by hand, the garden is looking quite happy. Perhaps most exciting is the returned snappiness of the snap dragons.

Here's the before:


Here's the after:


There's hope! The geranium I got from Armstrongs is also doing quite well. I'll have to plant more of these when I get a chance. They're so resilient.


Lastly, the birds in our neighborhood are fat pigs. They go through the feeder in about 3 days now, scattering half the seeds all over the ground. No manners whatsoever. Check out this red cardinal giving me the evil eye. At least the cats are enjoying the new visitors. Although I'm not sure if we're just making the cats manic by teasing them with prey on the other side of a pane of glass.




Comments

2 Responses to "Garden Update"

Ryan Gordon said... April 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM

that cardinal picture is just freakin hilarious in light of your post. it really does look like a fat bastard :)

Monkey said... April 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM

your before and after pictures are hilarious. you should send mommy a spectacular mother's day present for saving your garden.