Coconut Macaroons

Monday, May 25, 2009


As usual, Ryan and I were craving sweets on Saturday. Cookies came to mind first, but then I remembered the bag of coconut flakes that had been sitting in my fridge for the last couple months. Mmm coconuts...cookies...macaroons! This is my first attempt at macaroons. Luckily, the recipe I found turned out to be very quick and easy. The only change I'd make is to use a smidge less salt, although to the recipe's credit I can't remember if I measured exactly or had a mound on my measurement. Was too famished to pay attention.


Coconut Macaroons
Courtesy of AllRecipes.com

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.

Comments

0 Responses to "Coconut Macaroons"