Crack

Monday, June 15, 2009


Aw, Badger got me cute chocolate cats from Trader Joe's. Hmm, he knows I'm trying to lose a few pounds...oh wait, hold it...it looks like 15 cookies is only 110 calories! How awesome!

These were the thoughts that crossed my mind last week when Ryan came home from the grocery store. I naively thought it'd be impossible to eat more than 15 cookies a day. Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong. I've probably been eating 40 of these things a day, every day for the last week! I make whole meals out of these god damn chocolate cats. Damn you kitties...damn you and your chocolaty goodness...

So after the weekend, I'm 3 lbs heavier than I'd like to be. Sounds like such a trivial amount, but I swear, ever since I've stopped running these last 3 lbs have been taunting me. Taunting me with their unyielding ways (settling around my hamhocks I'm sure...do people have hamhocks?). Anyway, it's time to buckle down and eat healthily for at least one week before I go back to snacking.

Since I skipped yoga yesterday, I decided to do yoga at home tonight. Of course, yoga at home always turns out being 1) run through sun salutations 2) do a few standing poses 3) plow through difficult backbends and inversions that I'm not even close to being warmed up for 4) subsequently retire to couch in defeat. I am trying to document my at-home practice using the flip video as it helps me check out my alignment.

Here's Parivritta Parsvakonasana, one of my least favorite poses:


Here's Kapotasana, in preparation for what's coming up next:


Here's another preparation pose:


...all building up to...SCORPION. I've gotten to see my toes before in class but sadly I was pretty tight below. At least I got the foot to head.


Comments

2 Responses to "Crack"

Monkey said... June 15, 2009 at 9:52 PM

you are a freak

JV said... June 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I love those damn chocolate cats. Therefore, they are banned from my house. You let 15 in, and suddenly you've allowed 55 of them to nestle into your tummy.