Garden Inspiration

Sunday, June 14, 2009

After the Woman Who Wine event many weeks ago (where we painted ceramic pots), I was determined to nurture the right side of my brain. So on a sunny Sunday afternoon, I grabbed my pastels and set up shop in the garden for some inspiration. At the time, my calla lilies were in full majestic bloom and instantly caught my eye. I set about sketching for several hours before putting the drawing away for another day.

Well, that was weeks ago. I can't believe I've waited so long to work on it again. Yesterday, I got fed up with my laziness and tackled the lower right quadrant of the drawing with a vengeance. I'm pleased with my progress, though I hope it won't be another few weeks before I work on it again.

Here's a look after the first day.


Here's a look after yesterday.


Comments

1 Response to "Garden Inspiration"

Monkey said... June 14, 2009 at 7:18 PM

nice! how's my painting coming along? what are the main colors you want your bag to be?