Oven Fried Chicken

Thursday, June 11, 2009


Tonight I made oven fried chicken with sauteed chards. Unfortunately, the organic chicken we bought from Whole Foods smelled a bit fishy so I had to rush out to Vons for an emergency chicken run. Otherwise, the preparation was pretty easy and uneventful. The chicken was definitely crispy and pretty tasty, but not tasty enough to prompt me to post the recipe. I've essentially drank a bottle of wine on my own tonight (Badger had half a glass) so you'll excuse laziness.

Oh I should mention that NeverTap gave me a starter for friendship bread. Michigan actually gave me a starter a few months ago but we went on vaca shortly after and I forgot to freeze the dough. Hopefully this time around I'll be able to follow the directions correctly and make me some friendship bread.

Other than that, it's been a long week. I did receive good news that I'll be moving with the portion of my new department that is returning to the old headquarters building. I could not be more stoked about that. Though I am very curious whose idea it was to move me considering my "official" new group is not moving. Better not to look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose. This weekend, we will be transplanting some veggie sprouts for better spacing. Should be fun!

Comments

1 Response to "Oven Fried Chicken"

JV said... June 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Yay! Now you'll sit by me and Lorax and No Show over here in the ghetto!