Garden Update

Saturday, July 25, 2009


Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Busy mama was the first to say lily and Nevertap backed that up with stargazer lily, which is exactly what this flower appears to be. Mystery solved!

Yoga today was painful since I'm fairly certain I pulled a muscle in my right butt area (for lack of a more technical term). Anything that requires me to bend forward or to my right hurts like a bitch. I'll probably need to ice tonight and probably take some days off :(. Boo. After yoga, I made a brunch of blueberry buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs which chives, and a side salad (plus coffee for myself). Badge and I gobbled everything down quickly. Ruthlessly one might say. Then it was straight to the couch for Badge where he took a monster nap, while I puttered around the garden. As planned, I replanted the mexican heather and sporadically fertilized at will (via manure compost). I tidied up all the fallen leaves and debris and even gathered more dead leaves around the neighborhood. Our compost bin is filling up quite nicely. Here are the big pots Spike gifted us. We have since positioned these strategically around the garden. Beautiful addition!


In the late afternoon, we hung up some painted cabinets and took down more to paint. Unfortunately one of the doors was too close to the sprinklers last week and got soaked overnight. It's pretty warped and cracked (you can't really tell in the picture). Oh well. Maybe Home Depot would be able to replicate it for us. I can certainly live with it for now.


Comments

0 Responses to "Garden Update"