No More Food Please

Monday, July 6, 2009

I ate a lot this weekend. Dear god did I eat a lot this weekend. Where to begin...

Last Wed, Ryan's nephew Riley (hereafter referred to as Buckeye because he lives in Cinncinati) flew out to visit for the weekend. We picked him up late, fed him some Chick-fil-a that Badge picked up, and watched SYTYCD at the parentals. Sadly, Kupano was not kicked off the show and I'm forced to be annoyed with him for yet another week. At least we got to see Philip's solo which was all around awesome.

On Thurs, I went to work and of course got little done. That night, the Bunnies, Buckeye, Spike, and Kris (nickname TBD) went to Ashoka the Great for some yummy Indian food. We ordered the usual spread of dishes which hit the spot but I couldn't help noticing it was slightly underspiced. Additionally, the chicken vindaloo was suspiciously mild, perhaps because they didn't think a group of white people (plus an asian) could take the heat. Humph!

On Friday, we hit up the swimming pool for some sun. The boys threw the football around while I meandered about, occasionally breaking out in an awkward breast stroke. Sophie even took her turn around the pool, causing her diaper expand to max capacity. She was amazingly nonchalant about the experience. I'm pretty sure I'd be freaking out if I were a helpless baby submerged in a huge pool. Afterwards, we went to see Up which turned out to be a wonderfully touching and funny movie. I highly recommend you see it. Pronto.


For dinner, we met up with the whole gang at CPK where we were dismayed to find calorie counts listed for all the menu items. What the hell? I don't want to know that a whole pizza is 1200 calories. Ignorance is bliss! Just let me eat in peace (if you're curious, I still ate my entire pizza). Stuffed, we hit up Whole Foods for grill out groceries and then went to Spike and Frog's for an intense game of Cranium. The highlight of the game was the riveting garden gnome that Buckeye drew. As my people would say: simpry amajing.

On Saturday, I woke up early and busily prepped the food for our big grill out. Around noon, everyone started arriving and the festivities began! Kris and Si brought veggie burgers, veggie dogs, and buns. Spike and Frog bought potato salad, chips and salsa, guacamole, paper plates and fun decor. Kim brought condiments and Kev brought Leslie and root beer. The Bunnies contributed veggie kebobs, shrimp kebobs (recipe available upon request), chicken wings (recipe courtesy of Kara's mom and therefore intensely guarded), and corn with jalapeno lime butter. For dessert, Spike and Frog brought a delicious key lime pie and I made strawberry shortcake (recipe available upon request). The cake came out really well. Who doesn't like whipped cream?? Finally to top it all off, we had crisp juicy watermelon.

Some pictures for posterity:







Full beyond belief, I took a nap while the boys went to the park to throw the frisbee and football around. That night, we went out for sushi (more food) and then hung out playing our very own drinking version of monopoly. I love how you can turn any game into a drinking game. That's the American way.

On Sunday morning, I dragged my butt to yoga. Gotta tell you, yoga after all that food and alcohol is no good. I kept dropping hints to the teacher to take it easy on us. Groans here and groans there...a lot of belly holding. He might have accommodated me a bit :) but it was still a tough class. Afterwards, we went downtown, met up with Kev, and did a little shopping at Urban Outfitters and Blends, a sneaker shop. Then we went bowling at East Village Tavern where I bowled the best game of my life: 114! To wrap up the day, we met Kim and Marc at La Puerta for dinner. Delicious but overdone. Waaaay overdone. Painfully full, we played a few games of pool at Kev's apartment building before heading home.

Today, Buckeye returned home to his job at Bushykins while I returned to work. Badge returned to his role as cat dominator. This concludes our jam packed weekend. Till next 4th of July!

Comments

4 Responses to "No More Food Please"

Ryan Gordon said... July 7, 2009 at 11:13 AM

is it posterity or prosterity? either way, this is the blog of the century...

Bunny said... July 7, 2009 at 11:26 AM

you're right dammit! updating...

Monkey said... July 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM

this is the girl who once said she was going to "perowse" some books

JV said... July 7, 2009 at 8:46 PM

It's posterity. And yoga after beer must be just like beach run after 6 days of excessive wine/whiskey/vodka consumption... NOT FUN.