Amok

Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh goodness. Where to begin....

On Friday, the girls met downtown to surprise Nevertap for her birthday bash. Her husband No Neck masterminded the entire event, coordinating a fun filled night of eating, drinking, and dancing. It was the perfect opportunity to let loose and run amok.

And ran amok we did.

Everything started normally. We all met at The Strip Club steakhouse just in time to surprise Nevertap as she walked in with her husband. She had no idea what was planned despite Goddess's suspicious interest in what she was planning to wear that night. We proceeded to grill, eat, and chat merrily. Of particular interest was the group of rambunctious tackily dressed older women sitting next to us. They were the epitome of cougars, putting our little den to shame. Very entertaining...until they started making out with each other. Wtf? None of us knew if we should have been laughing or crying. Luckily, they left shortly after, hopefully in shame...


At the end of the meal, I was happily full after two margheritas, steak kebobs, several creamy sides, and a decadent chocolate mousse. Next thing I knew, No Neck decided to lay down the gauntlet with the first round of patron shots. Crap. As I took the shot, I recognized one undeniable fact: this was going to be one of those nights. So be it.


We hit the streets on a mission to dance. Luckily Nevertap had a connect at 207, a bar at Hard Rock Hotel, and was able to get us in for free. Whoo hoo! I barely had my foot in the bar before someone was grabbing my hand and dragging me to the bar for...another Patron shot. What the? Didn't I just take one? And so this continued for the rest of the night. I counted at least 5 shots in addition to my dinner drinks (hopefully, for the sake of my liver it wasn't more). As you can imagine, everything was pretty hazy but here's what I do remember:

- Dancing dancing dancing, mostly to not so great music but occasionally getting winners like Vibrant Thang
- Throwing up professionally twice in the bathroom
- Crazy picture taking
- Drunk dialing Lorax and then screaming into the phone
- Standing barefoot outside the bar...ew
- Getting breakfast burritos


The next day, I was severely punished. I woke up at 11am with a throbbing headache, barely managing to eat my remaining breakfast burrito before passing out again for another three hours. Ugh, can't recover like I used to.


That night, Badge and I met Spike and Frog to eat Indian and watch Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (in early celebration of Frog's 65th birthday). The show was performed up in Escondido and turned out to be a lot of fun. I'd only ever seen the musical on tv in bits and pieces so it was great to see it live. I actually remembered most of the songs (we've been singing them non stop, although often replacing "Joseph" with "Henry"). On Sunday, I gardened and went to yoga. My pulled butt muscle still hurts but might be slightly better than before. We'll see. That afternoon, we proceeded to paint the kitchen cabinets but then ran out of paint so we'll have to make another trip to Home Depot.

Whew what a weekend.

Comments

5 Responses to "Amok"

Monkey said... August 10, 2009 at 9:34 PM

yikes!!

Ryan Gordon said... August 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

soooo typical you professional throw-up artist you....

Anonymous said... August 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Clearly I missed the best part of the evening... next time! I can't beleive you "professionally threw-up". Oi vey!

Bunny said... August 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

hehe twice! you were definitely missed!

Monkey said... August 14, 2009 at 8:47 AM

oh hey, i forgot you have short hair now.