Weekend Happenings

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekends are too short.

On Friday night, Badge and I ordered a pizza from Regent's Pizzeria (plus garlic bread and tiramisu mmmm) and watched Watchmen at home. Interesting movie. Can't say I loved it but it was entertaining.

On Saturday, I gardened and we hung up the rest of the kitchen cabinets. Thank god the painting project is OVER, although we still need to paint the baseboard and install hardware. Pics to come once that's all done. In the afternoon, we went to Goddess's housewarming/engagement party where we had delicious pulled chicken sandwiches and fajitas by the pool. Several beers and jello shots later, we returned home to hang out and then pass out.

On Sunday, we did many errands: more gardening, cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. Scooby, Ireland's little brother, came over to play guitar with Badge on drums. The kid is only ten and he's already quite impressive on the guitar. Afterwards, we went to Spike and Frog's for an ice cream party, followed by a loooong game of Cranium. Good times.


This week I'm determined to hit the gym everyday since I haven't been exercising. My pulled muscle feels marginally better so I'm going to give it another week before I return to yoga. In the meantime, I ran yesterday and did elliptical today. That warrants a little treat right? Inspired by Goddess's pulled chicken, Badge and I made bbq pulled pork sandwiches tonight. It was baked in the oven for over an hour, finished on the grill, and then smothered in bbq sauce. Delicious. We also grilled some summer squash and corn that we got this week in our CSA delivery. As you can see, the corn was eaten so quickly it did not make it into the shot.


And sadly, Monkey will not be partaking in fig during her visit. I noticed this sucker getting very ripe over the weekend so I quickly brought it in and ate it like my life depended on it. You ants won't be getting this prize, no sirree.


Lastly, we've started watching the first season of Dexter, a TV show about a serial killer that kills serial killers. Pretty entertaining so far (although there are some gruesome scenes). Off I go to watch more episodes!

Comments

1 Response to "Weekend Happenings"

Monkey said... August 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM

i can't believe you took close up shots of the fig that was supposed to be for me!!

out of line!