Monkey and Mommy Part 2

Monday, September 14, 2009

To finish on the Monkey and Mommy post, we pretty much just hung around on Thurs and Friday. Unfortunately, I had to return to work, but I tried to sneak out early. On Thurs, we ordered deep dish from Regent's Pizzeria. Popeye pizza is soooo good (spinach, artichoke, lots of ricotta and mozzarella cheese). On Friday, Uncle Jaime came and we made a small feast of chicken katsu, pan fried salmon, steamed broccoli, green beans, corn on the cob, and berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. And of course wine. We talked Monkey into one last game of settlers and to my pleasant (read: ecstatic) surpise, I won for the SECOND time. My next goal is to beat Ferret, Monkey's beau, as he is a crafty settler player like Monkey.


For no reason whatsoever, here's evidence of what an amazing corn eater I am. Note cob in the middle. Thank you, thank you.


Aside from hanging around, Monkey and I have blow through the 7 book box set of Sookie Stackhouse books that arrived last Saturday. We've been averaging 1.5 - 2 books a day. Pure entertainment with fantasy, romance, and mystery all rolled into one. I've ordered book 8 and 9 from amazon, hopefully they will arrive soon. After reading the books, I was a bit disappointing by the season finale of True Blood on Sunday. Kinda nervous they'll deviate from the book so much that I'll get pissed off and stop watching altogether. We'll see next season. If I don't see more of hunky Eric the vampire (also one of my fav characters in the book), I will boycott. At least the second disc of Dexter has arrived. On to the next obsession!


Lastly, here's a look at our newly painted kitchen. White cabinets, light blue back wall. We put some silver pulls on the drawers but have yet to install some knobs. Once we do that, we'll finally be done with the kitchen. Whoo hoo.


Comments

1 Response to "Monkey and Mommy Part 2"

Ryan Gordon said... September 16, 2009 at 10:49 AM

i miss that katsu...and the corn