The Freak'n Weekend

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last week proved to be another long week of hard work. It's been pretty hectic because I've been trying to wrap up one project while ramping up on a couple new ones. Blah.

To say the least, I was relieved when Friday came around. For dinner, Marc and Kim picked us up to go to the soft opening of a BJ's in Carlsbad. Marc's company did the sound system for the restaurant so he was on the guest list. Surprisingly, this BJ's was in a huge decked out building that's much nicer than the one here in UTC. The food also seemed much tastier. We started with a flight of 7 beers including their pumpkin ale. For appetizers, we had avocado rolls; for dinner we had a buffalo chicken pizza and a spinach and artichoke pizza; and for dessert, we had an enormous cookie with ice cream on top. Mmmmm. We topped the night off by watching Mongol at home. Good movie.

On Saturday I went to yoga and got my ass handed to me. I only made it to class on Tues so I was definitely not prepared for Primary Series. That afternoon I took a monster nap and did a lot of horizontal lounging. The only productive thing I did was to hang up some old drawings in the dining room.


For dinner, Badge and I went to Hillcrest on a whim and decided to try out the Tractor Room. Delicious. We got a lot of things: cornbread, chicken and porcini mushroom pate (my choice), spicy chicken wings (Badge's choice), wedge ceasar salad, chipotle tomato pork ribs, and sharp Wisconsin cheddar mac and cheese. I had wine and Badge had some super strong cocktail and beer. Everything was delicious and though we were full beyond belief, we still dragged ourselves to Pinkberry for dessert.

Today, I woke up super sore but still decided to go to yoga. Amazingly, I was able to do scorpion without a wall and without assistance! I was even able to hold the pose for a while (granted my muscles were spasming in protest). Will have to attempt at home this week once my back recovers. In the afternoon, I did some work and started to putter around in the garden when I stumbled upon a huge spider in the corner of the yard. Wtf. It had a big bulbous body so I immediately thought of brown widows (there's been an influx of them in SD). The pics I found on Google varied but I thought it looked similar enough justify freaking out. Unfortunately Badge was at soccer so all I could do was hustle the cats in and cower in fear on my couch. Here's a pic. It's blurry because I didn't want to get too close. Also that boxy thing in front is a wrapped up fly that it was eating. Ew...


Tonight, we've watched Dexter and Californication. Badge is watching the Giants game now and I'm preparing myself to work on my contracting work. But first, it's off to get some ice cream...

Comments

1 Response to "The Freak'n Weekend"

JV said... October 28, 2009 at 3:03 PM

The Pizookie at BJ's is off the chain. Yum.