IS THIS A JOKE???

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I was so excited to finally receive disc 3 of BSG season 2 today. After whipping up some pasta and salad (Badge is at band practice tonight), I settled onto the couch ready to watch four action packed episodes. However, after the second episode ended in an extreme cliff hanger, the dvd reset to menu.

Oh no.

Frantically, I checked the episode list.

Oh no.

ONLY TWO EPISODES ON THIS DISC???

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF???

I'm so pissed right now I feel like my head is going to explode. I should be able to sue someone about this. This isn't right. It's just not right.

Ok, breathe.

To placate myself, I'm now eating ice cream. A lot of ice cream. Whatever, I deserve it. I went to yoga Sat, Sun, Tues, and Thurs. I would have gone yesterday but I've been in MoDA (Model Driven Analysis) training 8:30am-5pm Tues-Thurs and I had a backlog of crap to do on Wed. On a bright note, my soon to be manager told me today that he's opening up a req to initiate my transfer. It'll probably get approved for early next year since we're in Q4. Whoop whoop! I told my mom and of course her reaction was, oh when will you be a supervisor? Sheesh. There's no pleasing the woman. So reminiscent of grade school, e.g. if I bring home an A-, she'd ask why it wasn't an A.

Anyway, here's hoping it'll be smooth sailing the rest of this year. Still lots of work to do but Taiwan trip is coming around the corner and then it'll be the holidays!

By the way, I mentioned casually that Badge is at band practice but I don't think I ever elaborated. Yes, Badge has a band. He recruited a talented singer/bass player from craigslist who brought in his talented guitar player friend. And of course Badge plays the drums. He created all the songs (lyrics, general guitar riffs, drums, bass) and prototyped them on his mac using Garage Band. The band mates have helped him build on his original ideas but it's still essentially Badge's project. Now they're secured a free practice space and will hopefully begin recording in a month or so. These songs are pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Seriously, I couldn't pull out a song out of my ass if I tried. Badge does it like it's his birthday. Very impressive.

Comments

2 Responses to "IS THIS A JOKE???"

JV said... October 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Your mom's comment is priceless. Just like my mom... always wanting more. I love the Angry Little Girls line-- there's a cartoon of the little Asian girl telling her mom, "Mom, I bought you a present" and the Asian mom is saying, "WHY YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY???".

Bunny said... October 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

hahaha classic asian mom. i hope it's not genetic