Slammed

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oops, I was suppose to continue my Lonely Hearts Dinner (LHD) series but completely forgot to post. Why? Because I've been S-L-A-M-M-E-D at work. Official slamming began last week, lasted through the weekend, and is finally beginning to lighten up. Aside from crazy last minute deadlines, work has been stressful in general. One day I'm working on diagnostics, next day I'm working on sequencing. One day I'm wearing my Business Analyst hat, next day I'm wearing my Software Engineer hat. Sure, variety is good but I'm beginning to feel like I have A.D.D. or multiple personality disorder. Maybe it's my own fault for wanting to do everything myself.

Back to LHDs: On Monday night, I ate a leftover burrito from my group lunch (plus flan) while working from home. On Tuesday night, I ate leftover sesame noodles, baby greens salad, and the rest of the flan. Sadly, I was also working that night (damn VPN). On Wednesday night, I drank too much champagne and ate too much cake at a work event, came home, ate rice and broccoli (poor Asian man's dinner), and took a monster nap before picking up Badge from the airport.

Today, I was feeling better or perhaps caring less about work so Badge and I went to the new El Zarape in Normal Heights for lunch. Unlike their previous quick bites location in University Height, this locale was a formal sit down restaurant with bar. We had fish tacos, chicken burrito, and the most authentic micheladas I've ever had in the States. Delicious! Unfortunately, I left my leftovers at the restaurant (boo hoo).

Tonight I'm off to yoga while Badge goes to soccer. We've decided to try a modified Buddha diet for the next 5 days in an effort to shed some pounds before our Taiwan trip. Our Buddha diet shall consist of fresh produce, fruit, rice, tofu, and seafood. No meats, pastas, or refined sugars (not counting breakfast since lord knows we can't last without milk and cereal). We'll see how it goes!

Comments

1 Response to "Slammed"

JV said... October 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Ugh... Everyone is slammed... I love it that you had a michelada at lunch. :)