Battlestar Galactica

Monday, October 5, 2009


SO

FRIGGIN (or frakkin for you BSG fans)

GOOD!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For the last week, I've been obsessively watching the first season of this action packed sci-fi show about machines versus humans (think Terminator but with more intrigue and plot lines). Monkey originally brought BSG into my life by making me watching the pilot episodes while she was here visiting. I gotta admit, I was not that into it at first. But once I started watching the season episodes, I was hooked. Great characters. Great plots. Hilarious moments. Everything that makes an addicting show. I've just finished the second to last episode only to realize those f***ers put the season finale on a different disc. A disc I don't have!!! AHHHHHHHHH. Must wait for Netflix to delivery...

What else have I been up to? Well on Saturday I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to drive to LA. There was no traffic so I made it in 1.5 hours, just in time to pick up my mom and take her to the Taiwanese embassy to renew my Taiwanese passport. Apparently, the office is only open on Sat from 9-11am. How inefficient is that? Equally strange, the pics I took for my US passport were denied because one of my ears was not showing. What? Why in the world would that be necessary? Whatever, I took another pic and my mom and I got the hell out of there. The rest of the day was spent washing the car, taking a long 2 mile walk to the grocery (gotta get my mom some exercise), and doing contracting work for my friend Bobby.

I also attempted to make flan again for my mom but I got cocky and flippantly decided a big ceramic pot would be fine even though the recipe specifically called for a certain sized glass pan. I also offhandedly decided to cap the pot with its glass lid rather than wrapping the top with foil. Disaster. The layer was too thin so it overbaked. Hard rubbery texture instead of the beautiful silky custard of yester year. So embarrassing. Hopefully I'll have a chance to redeem myself soon.

Yesterday, I drove home in the morning and decided to skip yoga (butt STILL hurts) in favor of gardening. The afternoon was spent planting the purple lantana cuttings, transplanting my out of control rosemary plant into the ground, and doing more propogation experiments. Uncle gave me some rooting hormone that he got from Home Depot so I'm hoping it will help my cuttings take root faster. My mom and Uncle have amassed an amazing collection of orchids and gave a beautiful tall white one to take home. Love it.


Unfortunately, it's back to work today. It should be less crazy this week so I'm happy. On another bright note, I received a gift certificate to a spa for the work I put in these last two weeks for the 510k submission. How nice! Great to be appreciated. Pleased as pie, I went to yoga and pushed my way through a painful class. I should suck it up and see a doctor about this butt thing. Thank goodness I have a lot of extra FSA bucks to burn through. Off to do some contracting work.

Comments

2 Responses to "Battlestar Galactica"

Monkey said... October 6, 2009 at 6:06 AM

whoa! that orchid is lovely.

Kara Coleen said... October 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I need to watch that show... find out what all the buzz is about! :)