Thanksgiving, Scooter, and Chocolate

Monday, December 7, 2009


For Thanksgiving, the whole family gathered at Spike and Frog's for a feast. As usual, I made mac n cheese and stuffing. Instead of tofurkey this year, we had a tofu field roast thingy. Here's the spread.



After dinner, I promptly fell asleep on the couch (damn you jetlag). All in all, another wonderful gathering with the Gordons.

In other news, we finally got a scooter!! I've been bugging Badge about a scooter for quite some time now, but he's always insisted that I'd be a hazard to myself and the general population. He tried to appease me last year with an electric bike but I've never given up my dream of having a zippy little moped. After going to Taiwan and seeing how prevalent and all around awesome scooters are, he's changed his mind. Yippee! Though I love Vespas, they are horribly overpriced, so we settled on looking for a reliable Yamaha. We were planning to buy a new one, but on a whim I searched craigslist and found a 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 in great condition for a very attractive price (only 1400 miles on it). Done deal. Here's us test driving the scooter (our seller insisted we take a pic). We ended up getting the helmet below (in black) from Fun Bike Center and I ordered a white one for myself. Gotta have the full face shield. I don't want any bugs flying in my mouth while I ride. I took the scooter to yoga and grocery shopping on Saturday. So much fun. I want to ride it everywhere. Sadly it was raining heavily today so my first ride to work will have to wait until tomorrow.



Lastly, it turns out Badge got me another birthday present...a three month supply of chocolate from Jacques Torres, a delicious chocolatier in NYC! We got our first package today: hot chocolate mix, brownie mix, chocolate bark with nuts, and a box of assorted truffles. My husband knows me so well.



Comments

3 Responses to "Thanksgiving, Scooter, and Chocolate"

Monkey said... December 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM

that can't be your box of chocolates because they are all intact and there are no teethmarks.

you guys are so cute on the scooter! drive safely!

Anonymous said... December 10, 2009 at 2:12 AM

CHECK OUT THAT SCOOTAH!!!GANGSTA!!!

JV said... December 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Good job with the choco-gift, Badge!