Review: Into The Woods

Saturday, January 16, 2010


A few days ago, I was delighted to find Into the Woods available to play instantly on Netflix. For those of you unfamiliar with this musical, it's simply awesome. It cleverly weaves several classic fairy tales into one big story, giving them a fresh new perspective.

The first act is my favorite because it's hilarious and so fun to watch. The second act is much darker and explores the characters on a deeper level. Let's just say not all stories have a happy ending (get it get it?).

My favorite character is either the witch or the baker's wife, and of course my favorite song is Agony, which is sung by the two princes (Cinderella's prince and Rapunzel's prince). Had me rolling in tears. So funny. I tried to find it on youtube to post but I couldn't find the original Broadway version. Ah well.

Anyway, I've been humming the songs all week. It reminds me of high school when we first heard the musical. Someone gave Monkey a tape and we'd listen to it over and over. Couldn't get those songs outta my head.

Highly recommended!

Comments

0 Responses to "Review: Into The Woods"