Dinner With Kara

Thursday, February 18, 2010

YAAAAY KARA IS IN TOWN!! I'm not sure I've ever blogged about Kara directly, but she's been my sister's best friend since junior high. I've known her so long now, she's basically another sister to me.

After work, she picked me up and off we went to Roppongi in downtown La Jolla. Roppongi is an Asian fusion restaurant with a focus on tapas style dishes. With some wine in hand, we devoured the following tasty dishes:

Crispy tofu with different dipping sauces (probably my favorite).


Grilled salmon with roasted eggplant and salad.


Hot yellowtail sushi roll.


Beef short ribs with mashed potatoes.


We really should have passed on the dessert but we couldn't resist. This chocolate sundae was enormous and decadent. We finished every last bite.


Aside from the food, it was so great to catch up with Kara and just hang out. I've missed her a lot and was ECSTATIC to hear she might move to SD in another year or so. Now if we can just convince Monkey to move here after her postdoc, life would be perfect...

You're the best Kara!

Comments

1 Response to "Dinner With Kara"

Kara Coleen said... February 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM

NO YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!