Health Stuff

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last Friday, I had a health evaluation at work. I was suppose to fast for 8 hours before, but completely forgot and had a small bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. Oops. Luckily, my stats were still good. My heart pressure was a bit high (120/85) but I'm pretty sure that's from the coffee. My good cholesterol was high and my bad cholesterol still lower than the optimal threshold (though not by much). Bizarrely, my body fat came back as 16.6% which is probably very unlikely but I'll take it!

Having the evaluation made me realize that I should do aerobic exercise on a regular basis. I mean, ashtanga yoga is intense and makes me sweat my ass off but I'm not sure it counts as aerobic. So today, I hit up the work gym at lunch for a painful run. I made it to 2 miles but then walked/sprinted the third mile. Sigh. How far I've fallen from my running heyday. Oh well, at least I got it done.

After work, I still went to yoga which turned out to be ill advised. My legs were pretty tired so when I did my first jump through, I didn't tuck in enough and clipped my toe on the floor. OW. Remember the last time I did that? Definitely not as bad this time so I'll just keep icing and keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess the plan now is to do yoga tues, wed, thurs, sat and sun. Then run on tues and friday. Overly ambitious? Probably :). We'll see how it pans out.

Comments

0 Responses to "Health Stuff"