Kimbo's Birthday

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


On Saturday night, the whole gang met up at El Camino, a Mexican restaurant/bar, in Little Italy for Kimbo's birthday. Because I am the worst sister in law, I somehow managed to take ok pictures of food but all blurry pictures of people. Foiled. I was trying to be sneaky by leaving the flash off and using a higher shutter speed, which obviously did not work to my advantage.

Luckily Spike was able to come to the rescue (once she was able to turn the camera on, hehe jk!). Here's the birthday girl with her boyfriend Erik. Too cute!


So yes, back to the food.

We started with complimentary chips and four salsas: mild pico, creamy chipotle, green tomatillo, and fiery hot. Badge and I drank a couple micheladas and then each ordered a burrito which came with a delicious side of creamed corn. My chicken burrito was actually very well seasoned. Not too salty and plain ol' delicious. After polishing off my plate, we had churros covered with chocolate syrup accompanied by vanilla ice cream. Soooo good. They brought out Kimbo's churro dish with what looked like a firecracker sticking out. I snapped a shot but it was so bright it looked like Kimbo was on fire. Best to spare you the image.



It was a fun time and a great meal. Happy birthday Kimbo!


Comments

1 Response to "Kimbo's Birthday"

Monkey said... February 10, 2010 at 9:13 AM

man i love burritos. almost as much as i love fish tacos.