Pizookie Makes The World Go Round

Wednesday, April 28, 2010


I had a looong day yesterday. On Monday afternoon, we noticed our software had many UI objects leaking. I was nominated to investigate so I spent the better part of Tuesday working on this. The final leak nearly drove me crazy trying to figure it out. By the time I did, it was 7:30 and I was STARVING. Too tired and grumpy to cook, we decided to pig out at BJ's. A casear salad, buffalo wings, several beers, and a large pizza later, we found ourselves in front of a pizookie: two vanilla ice cream scoops on a big melty chocolate chip cookie. Life was good again.

In other news, I've been playing with the free actions from Pioneer Woman's website. Love them! Never used actions before in Photoshop but I'm totally sold. Check out some before and after shots of old pictures I've been twiddling with.

Before:


After (love the dreamy faded look):


Before:


After (love the color balance):


Before:


After (love the seventies look):


There are many great actions to combine at will. You can always change the opacity of the layers for more or less effect.

I've also been eyeballing the Nikon D90 as a major upgrade to my little Canon Powershot SX100. A coworker was kind enough to lend me his D40 to play with (he's since upgraded to D90). Can't wait to take lots of pics this weekend!

Comments

1 Response to "Pizookie Makes The World Go Round"

Monkey said... April 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM

wow! teach me when you come!