Update

Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's hard to find the energy to post something. I can barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone last week. Here goes...

Last weekend, we went to LA for Badge's cousin Michael's wedding. We drove up Saturday afternoon, took my mom and Uncle Jamie out to El Pollo Inka for Peruvian food (too busy stuffing my face to take pics), and puttered around at home. On Sunday, Badge and I drove down to the beach and did a nice 3 mile run along the Strand. We ran from Manhattan Beach pier to Hermosa and back. It was HOT, well probably high 70's, but I managed to plow my way through the run without stopping. Afterward, we got changed and met up with the bridal party and family in Redondo Beach at the Portofino hotel on the harbor for pictures. Everyone looked great. The bride was beautiful and the groom was dashing. The kids were super cute. Note: the four boys below all belong to the woman on the right. Triplets plus one. They were a riot!


The wedding itself was at the Cheesecake Factory. It turned out to be very well done. They rented out the top floor and it felt very separate from the restaurant. The food was tasty and the DJ was fun. Check out Spike and Frog getting wild on the dance floor.


This week has been sporadically busy at work. I've been a bit glum because my skin has been misbehaving. I seem to be having some allergic reaction to something I'm putting on my face. I blame the face cream my mom recently gave me. So I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he prescribed some medicine to calm it down. Seems to be doing a bit better so will keep my fingers crossed.

Down and out about the skin situation, I only managed to go to yoga on Tues. Fortunately, I found time to run at the gym today at lunch (2 mile, then 1 mile worth of intervals). After work, I came home and decided to do some sun salutations, which rapidly turned into me attempting difficult poses without being properly warmed up. At least I managed to get into the poses.

Viparita salabhasana:


Ganda bherundasana:


Vrschikasana:


Tonight we're going over to Spike and Frogs for Simon's party. He just found out he got accepted into UCLA business school AND they're giving him a full scholarship!! Amazing! So happy for him, even though that means Kris, Simon, and little Sophie will be moving to LA for a couple years. At least they'll be back and who knows, maybe then Sophie will have a little cousin to play with.

Comments

2 Responses to "Update"

Monkey said... April 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM

how are you so bendy? it's obviously not genetic.

Spike said... April 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

How in the world do you do those yoga poses??? Amazing Jess!!! Love,Spike