Stuff

Monday, March 22, 2010


If you haven't noticed, I've been super lazy about blogging. Briefly, here are some random things I've been up to.

I made homemade pizza this weekend with Monkey's pizza crust recipe, a ridiculously easy tomato sauce recipe, and reduced moisture mozzarella cheese. Yum!




I spent a good portion of the weekend gardening. There was LOTS of work to be done. Still not quite finished but I'm getting close. Here's a look at the little peaches growing on the Japanese peach tree my mom gave me last year. Can't wait to consume.


Yoga has gone into overtime. Yesterday, I did viparita shalabasana for the first time. I had a little blanket under my chest to help me get into it. Amazingly, my legs stayed straight up pretty comfortably. Then I bent my legs into scorpion style and touched my feet to my head. Yay!



Also, last Thursday, I was able to grab my ankles in urdvha dhanurasana with the teacher's help. Unfortunately, I couldn't hold longer than a couple seconds since I felt like my back was going to break. Looking forward to trying it again.


This Wed, I'll probably skip class since they're planning to do 108 sun salutations to welcome spring (it's tradition). Aside from the fact that it sound incredibly painful, my right wrist has been bothering me a lot and I don't want to risk an injury. Instead, I'll do my own practice at home and hopefully revisit some of the fun advanced poses I've been learning! Go yoga!

Comments

0 Responses to "Stuff"