D90

Monday, May 10, 2010


So I pulled the trigger on a D90.

It's amazing.

I've only started fiddling with it yesterday and I already love it. The quality of the pictures is top notch. I passed on the kit lens (body-only) and got the 18-200mm vibration reduction (VR) lens and the 50mm f1.8 lens.

Thus far, I've mostly been playing with the 50mm. I got this lens to use in low-light situations because I hate hate hate flash. Hate it. I also love shallow depth of field so it was like a two-for-one. Verdict?

Love it!

My living room is not bright lit by any stretch of the imagination, but check out these pictures. It's like daytime (well not really but you get the idea).





Each picture is nice and crisp. Also, check out how nice the camera makes Badge's skin look (not that he doesn't have nice skin already). Here he is stealing the Penn shirt we got for my cousin in Taiwan.


This weekend I will hit the garden with the 18-200mm lens to see what it's made of. And of course I'll certainly be serving up some food pics in the very near future. In the meantime, I'll be slowly wading through the big user's manual and hoping some of the information is retained.


Comments

1 Response to "D90"

Monkey said... May 11, 2010 at 5:09 AM

omg! looks so good!