Healthy Dinner

Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Tonight I made a healthy salad that was really a mish-mash of whatever was leftover in the fridge. On hand, I had mixed salad from the CSA, along with red onion, edamame, cranberries, and roquefort cheese. I made candied walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette, and tossed it all together. Not bad, the cheese was a bit overpowering for the combo of ingredients I had, but overall, a great semi-healthy dinner. To accompany our meal (because it makes so much sense), I cooked some shrimp to eat with cocktail sauce. Badge has been requesting cocktail shrimp for a while now so I finally delivered.

Unfortunately, I've been very MIA on the yoga front. I went last Sat which was the first time in two weeks! I meant to go yesterday AND today but work got in the way. At least, I went running yesterday and I will be sure to go again tomorrow and Friday. My running has been better. I can run 3 miles continuously again and my side aches are less frequent. Encouraged by this, I decided to keep up the motivation by signing up for the Carlsbad Half Marathon again. Training won't start until fall so I'll have plenty of time to get back in the groove before then. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with yoga at the same time.

Comments

0 Responses to "Healthy Dinner"