Badge's Birthday and Father's Day

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


Last Thursday was Badge's birthday, so naturally we celebrated all weekend. On Thursday, we went to Cozymel's to watch Game 7. Sadly, the Celtics could not pull through with a birthday win for Badge. Boo. But at least it was fun drinking margaritas and chomping away at fajitas. On Saturday afternoon, we went to Balboa Park and walked around, enjoying the beautiful day.


Of course I couldn't resist taking pictures in the botanical garden. Check out this weird plant with pitchers at the end of the leaves.


Love the black calla lily.


Pretty orchids.


Creepy orchids!


Afterwards, I surprised Badge to a 60 min sports massage at Indigo Spa (of course, I treated myself to one as well hehe). So relaxing. We then moseyed over to Kemo Sabe for an early dinner. I've never been to this restaurant though I've been meaning to ever since I moved to San Diego almost four years ago. We ordered fried brie, ahi wasabi nachos, thai seafood stew, fried jidori chicken with beans and plaintains, ending with potted brownie with ice cream. Everything was delicious, and the portions were insanely large. I mean, laughably so. Great value for the price.


After dinner, we hustled across the street for the 8:30 showing of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The movie was quite good. Great mystery and suspense, very entertaining. I will definitely try reading the books to see how they compare.

The next day, Spike, Frog, and Kimbo came over for a birthday/Father's Day grill out. My mom and Uncle Jamie also drove down from LA to spend the afternoon.


On the menu:
- Grillers w fixin's, incl pickled onions
- Portabella mushrooms
- Antipasto pasta salad
- Corn pudding
- Bacon wrapped scallops with spicy mayo

Spike brought a yummy strawberry spinach salad and a chocolate chip ice cream cake. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take a pic of the cake but it was very cutely decorated and delicious to boot!





Moms:


Dads:


Mom and Uncle Jamie manhandling Fred.


There was once a time when my mom wanted my sister and I to give away our cats. Now look at her!


More pictures can be found here

Comments

1 Response to "Badge's Birthday and Father's Day"

JV said... June 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Your parents are the cutest ever! Happy belated Bday Badge!