Garden Update

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Alright, Saturdays = garden update.

The little champagne grapes are ripening. I need to keep watch over them so they don't get overrun with ants like one of the bunches from last year.


The brandywine tomato is fattening up nicely. The stem looked flimsy so I propped it up using some fishing wire.


To my surprise, another tomato emerged last week.


And when I went out to check this morning, I found three more tiny buds! That's 5 in total so far. Hallelujah.


The rest of the garden is looking good (except the zucchini and cucumbers all died off for some reason...bad soil?) The stargazer lilies are in bloom which are quite lovely. Here's a closeup using my new 60mm macro lens.


Several months ago my coworker gave me a small pot of mini roses. She had them as centerpieces and then giveaways at her wedding. For a while I watered it without realizing there was an inner bowl without an holes for drainage. Subsequently, the poor plant was drowning. Since then I've been nursing it back to health and I'm happy to report it's pleased again. See first bloom below.


And of course I end with the gratuitous cat picture.


Comments

0 Responses to "Garden Update"