Healthy Week

Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm determined to be healthy this week. That includes a) not working when I get home b) running 3x this week c) going to yoga at least 3x this week and d) cooking at home every night.

So far so good. I ran 3 miles today and have been cooking light and tasty meals. Last night, I made baked chicken katsu don with bok choy. Truth be told, I meant to fry this but discovered too late that I had no vegetable oil. Oops. I guess I was forced to be healthy in this instance. The baked version was still very good. Though, since we're being honest with one another, I might as well admit that I could eat anything with katsu don sauce (bought from Ranch 99). Even a shoe.

I am ashamed.


Tonight, I made burritos with a mixed green salad. The burritos had beans, cheese, salsa, and mexican rice, all wrapped in a whole wheat wrap. Yum!


For dessert, we shall dive into the blackberry apple tarte I made last night. Having frozen pie crust dough leftover from Thanksgiving is quite nice. Paired with a small dollop of vanilla gelato (too healthy is unhealthy in my opinion), this is the perfect end to a nice week night meal.

Comments

2 Responses to "Healthy Week"

Monkey said... December 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM

good god! i want!

what recipe for rice did you use?

Bunny said... December 6, 2010 at 9:34 PM

i switched it up and tried something new.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Rice-II/Detail.aspx

i also used turkey stock that we made from leftovers. so good!