Bananas

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When we first bought the house, there was a stumpy ambiguous-looking tropical plant in the side yard. My mom insisted it was a banana tree even though we told her repeatedly it was unlikely. After all, don't banana grow in humid places like Mexico or Taiwan?


Well, fast forward 2 years and turns out we were wrong. You win this round, Mom....Over the years, the tree has grown to phenomenal heights. So much in fact, that I've threatened to cut it down many times. Luckily I didn't, because lo' and behold, I looked out my side window last week and saw a cluster of baby bananas. Crazy! Having seen a banana tree during our Taiwan visit (see frightening pic below), I instantly recognized it for what it was. Will be interesting to see what these taste like when they're ripe.


Comments

0 Responses to "Bananas"