Boycott

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I've decided to boycott maternity clothes. It's not that there are no choices out there. I just balk at the idea of buying clothes that I will never wear again. Why can't I just wear loose flow-y tops with leggings? Or maxi dresses? Or really any empire waisted dress? Do I really need a pair of jeans with a funny band around it?

Next Tues will mark my 4 month mark and I'm not really showing yet. Aside from looking like I ate more than usual (which again no one can tell except Badge who sees me in my birthday suit), I still fit into almost all my clothes. I have begun employing the hair tie method to keep my jeans buttoned together, but other than that, I'm status quo. Of course, I'm sure I'll start exploding in the next few weeks so I may abandon the boycott and go running straight for a maternity store. But until that day, I stick by my plan to make it through the ENTIRE pregnancy without buying a maternity specific clothes. Wish me luck!

Comments

3 Responses to "Boycott"

Monkey said... March 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM

yeah totally. although maybe normal tops just still won't fit. baby tummies are huge!

JV said... March 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Lucky that flowy tops are totally in right now. :) As far as jeans... well... you might have abandon them all together at some point, but I'm sure you'll be one of those sickeningly tiny cute pregnant people until the very end.

Spike said... March 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

LOVE THE MULCH AND ALL THE FRUIT THAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN....WAY TO GO GARDEN!!