Training

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I've read from a number of places now that you should train for your delivery like you're training for a marathon. Well maybe not that serious but you get the idea. It's important to be in good shape so you have the strength and endurance required for birthing.

This past week I did quite well on the exercise front. I went to studio yoga twice (yes I'm starting to go back to the crazy Sunday class, but taking it easy), work yoga once, and had two 3-mile runs (walking when tired). Sounds like a lot, but since work yoga isn't that hard, I don't really count it as full exercise. More like time to de-stress and practice breathing.

So that's going to be my work regime for as long as I can keep it up.

Mon: work yoga at lunch
Tues: after work yoga at studio
Wed: run 3 miles
Thurs: work yoga at lunch
Fri: run 3 miles
Sat: rest
Sun: yoga at studio

Comments

1 Response to "Training"

Monkey said... March 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

i like how your "light" exercise during pregnancy is still 1000x more intense than my normal life