Weekend Recap

Saturday, May 28, 2011

As mentioned in my previous post, Monkey and my mom came to visit last weekend for my baby shower. Aside from the shower, we did lots of random things which I shall recap below.

Wed
- Mom arrived, I made a tasty dinner of quinoa, zucchini, squash, and soft boiled egg (taught by Monkey), picked up Monkey from the airport at 11pm

Thurs
- Came back home for lunch, my mom's friend who was in town stopped by and the four of us went to Buga for korean bbq, worked from home in the afternoon, went to indian food with Spike and Frog for dinner.

Fri
- Went to work, ate frozen pizza with the family for dinner (Badge was at band practice), watched How To Train Your Dragon which was super cute.


Sat
- Woke up, prepared cheddar dill scones for shower while Monkey made antipasto salad and a fresh green salad with candied walnuts, went to shower (separate post here), came home and convinced everyone to watch Valhalla Rising on netflix. I was totally fooled by this movie. The description said it's an action sci-fi & fantasy flick. Turned out to be a weird, overly artsy movie where nothing much happened. Boo.


Sun
- Made my mom and Monkey go to Babies R Us to see what kind of stuff they had, relaxed at home, went to Pizzeria Bruno (tasty Neapolitan style pizza), watched Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant at home. Though completely predictable, I found it much more entertaining than Valhalla Rising. Say what you will about my movie tastes.


Mon
-Woke up at 5am to take Monkey to the airport. Mom left later that day while I was at work. I miss them both already but hopefully they will be back again soon!

Comments

2 Responses to "Weekend Recap"

Monkey said... May 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM

i've been telling everyone i run into not to watch valhalla rising. anyone who has seen the trailer thought it was going to be an awesome movie...

JV said... June 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Must have recipe for cheddar scones! Also, if you want a good action movie, see 13 Assassins. It's like 300 but with subtitles.