Baby Shower!

Saturday, May 28, 2011


Last Saturday, my sister and Spike threw the best baby shower ever. It was held in the afternoon at Spike and Frog's house. As I arrived on scene, I was completely flabbergasted by the breathe of food and sheer cuteness of the decor. Spike really out did herself on this one. Everywhere I looked I was surrounded by adorable details...from the personalized kisses to the drinks station to the bunny cupcakes.





Even the napkins were adorable!


They also got my favorite cake from Extraordinary Desserts: the Shangri-La. Sounds exotic no? It's a white cake with strawberry/guava filling. In other words, it's heaven.


And of course, being the Queen of Craft that she is, Monkey made homemade soaps for everyone to take home as favors. They were oatmeal milk and honey and they smelled awesome.


Best of all were the actual baby things. I got tons of clothes, swaddling blankets, books, toys, practical things (such as bottles, breast pump accessories, the bummis cloth diapers I plan to use), and much more. Everything was super soft and miniature. It made me realize that soon there would be a little bunny (figuratively, not literally) filling it out. Makes it all seem more real.




The shower was wonderful. It was great to hang out with everyone, eat delicious food, and giggle over things like the hands free breast pump bra. How can I not be excited by the prospect of one day stuffing my babies feet into these adorable booties Monkey knitted??


Three more months to go!!

More pics to be found here.

Comments

1 Response to "Baby Shower!"

Monkey said... May 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM

awww, i had such a good time, everything was so cute!