Baby State of Affairs: 3 months

Monday, December 5, 2011


Max turned 3 months last week! Boy has the time flown by.

His personality is showing more and more. He's such a happy little baby. Smiles and giggles like crazy, very vocal. The only time he cries is when he gets tired and needs someone to rock him to sleep. At night he sleeps anywhere from 7-9 hours, wakes up to eat and then sleeps another 3ish. The other day he even slept 10.5 hours straight! Pretty amazing. I cross my fingers every night that this pattern doesn't change.

As far as eating, he takes three 5 oz bottles during the day while I'm at work. Then I feed him twice at night and once more in the middle of the night. I have no idea how much he is drinking from the breast but I imagine it's got to be roughly the same? I can't wait to take him to the ped in two weeks to see how his stats of changed. He's definitely a lot heavier and super long. He's currently wearing 6 month onesies and sometimes we even put him in 9 month onesies when we run out of clothes. What a big baby! His size has even inspired my latest tune that I sing for him entitled "Baby Burrito", which goes:

Baby Burrito
Baby Burrito
The biggest burrito...I know

Yes...anywaaaaay...he grabs on to things pretty well when you stick them in his hand but I don't think he's quite realized that his hands are part of his body yet haha. Sadly, all the beautiful hair he was born with is starting to fall out. He's got some sparse spots on his big ol' head.

Breastfeeding is going well. Pumping at work hasn't been so bad since there's a mother's room right down the hall from me. I've even got 270 oz saved up in the freezer, which I really need to start cycling through. I plan to give my mom 2 fresh bottles to give Max and use the third from the freezer stash. That way we keep using the old milk up.

In the poop arena, he still poops once or twice a day although last week he did skip a day. Last week he also had a middle of the night poop which he hasn't done in over a month. As you can tell, his poop is the topic of much discussion in our household.

Regarding daycare, my mom has been watching Max Mon-Thurs and then Spike watches him Fridays. Badge and I then fly solo on the weekend with extra Spike help when needed (e.g. when I run out to yoga while Badge is at soccer). We're truly blessed to have so much help. Till the next month update!

Comments

1 Response to "Baby State of Affairs: 3 months"

Monkey said... December 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I think you can tell he's got our genes by all the sleeping he's doing. Honestly if left up to my own devices I'd be sleeping 10 hours a day happily.