Chorizo and Bean Soup

Sunday, February 26, 2012


Last night, I made chorizo and bean soup. It took several hours to cook since I started from raw beans, but the hands on time was minimal so I didn't mind. The chorizo lent a nice flavorful broth and the beans made it a hearty meal. Add on a generous dollop of queso fresco and some cubed bread, and you've got yourself a worthy winter's meal!

Earlier in the week, I also made pasta with olives and sun dried tomatoes. Pretty quick and easy although a tad salty from the olives. I did very much enjoy the toasted garlic bread crumbles on top.


For his meal, Badge made pasta with cashew cream and broccolini. This came out great! I was amazed by the creaminess of the sauce given there was no dairy in it. Sadly I did not take any pics. Sorry Badge.

As an aside, Badge and I have decided to eat less dairy. Even though we only cook meat maybe twice a month now, we pretty much have some form of dairy every day. I think we can cut this down a bit, esp if we incorporate more Asian meals.

Comments

0 Responses to "Chorizo and Bean Soup"