The Grasshopper Becomes the Master

Saturday, February 11, 2012


As of two weeks ago, Badge and I decided to assign dinner nights. He would cook twice a week, I would cook two or three times a week, my mom would cook once or twice a week, and we'd eat out once a week. Having two dedicated nights is a tall order for my hubby. Up till now, his culinary skills mostly lie in making fried rice (he does make a mean fried rice). Sure he can cook up pasta and mix in pre bought pasta sauce, or heat up beans and make quesadillas/nachos/other-variations-of-tortilla-and-cheese, but let's be honest. That's not really cooking.

We'll I'm proud to say, he's taken the bull by the horns and delivered on some tasty meals. Last week, he made a mushroom lasagna with his own béchamel sauce. And this week, he made lemon saffron risotto! Look at that beautiful presentation. What a man.

Props for my newly discovered master chef. Now go make me a chocolate souffle...

Comments

1 Response to "The Grasshopper Becomes the Master"

Monkey said... February 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

holey moley! i'm really impressed. i expect a badge-cooked meal next time i visit.