Musical Rewind

Saturday, February 11, 2012


Monkey and I used to love watching musicals. We had a set of them on VHS that we would watch over and over and over and over. This past Christmas, I added some of our old favorites to Netflix in hopes that we could walk down memory lane. Unfortunately, we never really got a chance to watch them what with the baby and cooking and family activities.

So instead, I made Badge watch them over the past couple weeks (after some grumbling and wrestling away of the soccer channel). So far we've watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Kiss Me Kate. Last night we watched one of his recommendations, Guys and Dolls, which I've never seen before. Quite entertaining.

Still in the queue: Singing in the Rain (we attempted to watch this earlier but never got to it), My Fair Lady, On the Town, American in Paris, the Unsinkable Molly Brown, and the King and I (another one I've never seen).

But the real gem is a video we currently have on hand: MARY POPPINS!! This truly was THE movie of my childhood. Monkey and I must have watched this a thousand times, I kid you not. At some point I'm pretty sure we could have recited the whole movie word for word. Badge has only seen it once so I'm quite excited to watch it tonight as soon as baby burrito goes to bed.

Comments

1 Response to "Musical Rewind"

Monkey said... February 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so jealous!!