Pho Real Pho

Monday, March 5, 2012


Last Sunday, Badge and I went to a coworker's house for some GSL and homemade pho.

What is GSL you ask?

Why, it's the Global Starcraft League, of course!

...

...

You heard me. Apparently, GSL is a big thing, especially in Korea where it's treated like a national sport. My coworker had recorded the finals and invited some of his gamer friends over to watch. I was intrigued, mostly because I very much enjoy watching other people play video games and have played warcraft before which is similar. The final decision came when he mentioned his mom would be making some homemade pho. Done and done.

As anticipated, the pho was DELICIOUS. The broth was super flavorful and the meat tender and tasty. Even Badge, who had only eaten pho once in his life (and did not enjoy it that time), thought it was good. After slurping up my noodles and soup, I felt guilty that I had not delivered on some tiramisu, and had instead opted out for chocolate chip cookies. I felt like my coworker (as proxy for his mom) deserved better. Next time.

The GSL was quite entertaining. We only stayed for a couple games before we had to leave to put baby to bed. The commentators were hilarious. They really acted like it was a sport. All in all, a fun Sunday evening.

Comments

0 Responses to "Pho Real Pho"