Birthday, Father's Day, and Monkey Visits

Tuesday, June 18, 2013


Monday was Badge's birthday.  At his request, I made german chocolate cake over the weekend.  This cake is a pain to make; there are so many steps.  

But oh man is it worth the trouble.


Since I had eggs to use up, I also decided to try a new french apple cake recipe.  Verdict?  I like this recipe better.  It doesn't feel as oily.  Perfect to eat for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. 

Note: I tried to take an artsy photo by throwing in completely unrelated ingredients in my fridge, like blueberries and thyme.  Humor me and pretend it makes sense.


This weekend was full of eating and drinking and merriment.  Monkey flew in Friday morning and I took the afternoon off.  That night, Badge and I met up with friends for an awesome dinner at Urban Solace while Monkey and Ah Ma babysat.

On Saturday, we took BB to the Del Mar beach.  It was his first time up close with the ocean and boy was he freaked out.  After some crying, we managed to get him to calm down - mostly by stuffing cheese in his mouth and facing him away from the ocean.  Once we finished picnicking on the grass, we let him cautiously venture out onto the sand.  As expected, he eventually adjusted and had a blast poking and sand and pouring water around.  I took a ton of pictures, but the cutest ones were of Badge with BB.  What a wonderful father.  We closed a great day but ordering a ton of Indian food.  Mmm...


On Sunday, we met up with Spike, Frog, and Dog at Sipz for lunch.  Towards the end of lunch, Frog took BB next door to a karate studio.  Apparently they let him run around the mat to his hearts delight.  Check out this hilarious video.


In the late afternoon, we went over to Spike's for pizza and to watch the basketball playoffs.

Overall, I'm pretty sure I could skip dinner every day this weekend and still not manage to make up for all the food I ate, but who cares?  It was such a fun and relaxing weekend.  Till next time Monkey comes!



Comments

0 Responses to "Birthday, Father's Day, and Monkey Visits"