Baby Sophie

Sunday, November 16, 2008


Baby Sophie has arrived!! She was born last night at the Scripps Memorial hospital, weighing a healthy 6 lbs and sporting a shockingly dark and stylish head of hair. Unfortunately, Ryan and I were in LA at the time but we drove back this morning and went straight to see the newest addition to the family. She is so cute and tiny and sleepy. We all got to hold her for a bit and after some initial nervousness, I grew quite comfortable having the small bundle in my lap. Amazingly, Kristin seems completely recovered and is walking around like she hadn't just gone through labor (I'd probably be passed out). We're all just so excited. She's such a little miracle!



When we got home, the house was a disaster so I set about cleaning and putting (my) mess away. To our surprise, the wheatgrass is almost the height we need for the wedding. We'll need to harvest it soon lest it overtake our home.


Around 4:30, I went on my scheduled 6 mile run even though I was really not feeling it. Luckily, Sophie (the adult) guilted me into going. I actually felt pretty good except it was so horribly dry and I kept coughing towards the end. My sinuses were going nuts and it became really painful to breathe. Not pleasant. But I finished my run and rested while I waited for Ryan to return from soccer. Now that he's home, we've ordered Papa John's pizza (out of sheer laziness to cook) and I'm chowing down on some cheesy goodness.

On a final note, here's the traditional Chinese invitation that my mom printed for the LA reception on Dec 28th. I think we'll try to stick with red and gold colors for the decor but keep it simple and easy. We're planning to buy a bunch of red roses from a wholesale flower shop downtown and I'm thinking of dying the tissue paper I bought and making small napkin poms. Luckily we'll be able to reuse the candle holders and vases.


Comments

1 Response to "Baby Sophie"

Monkey said... November 19, 2008 at 10:37 AM

why does the baby look asian? your wheatgrass is so big! where did you order it from? i wanted to grow some grass for tony to munch on.