So Much Grass

Saturday, November 15, 2008


Goodness, our wheatgrass is running amok. It's grown a couple inches in the last two days and is continuing strong. I think in another week it'll be the perfect length for harvesting, which means we should start growing the other four trays during the last week of November to get them ready for the wedding. Yay, looks great! To prove how crazy I've become with wedding decor, I mocked up a place setting with the menu I designed and the favor box. I was tempted to lay out several more settings and to light some candles but Ryan came home in time to snap me out of it.



This morning we drove to Rancho Santa Fe to meet my hair/makeup lady for a trial session. I had to reel her in a bit on the eye makeup. She started doing some strange contouring that made me look like a psycho china doll. After I politely complained, she scaled back and I was much happier with the result...until she tried on the false lashes. Totally not for me. I looked like a cross dressing stripper. The hair came out great though. She curled it in loose waves and made a messy bun. Exactly what I imagined. I took some pictures but won't post them because where's the surprise in that??

After that we drove to LA to visit my mom (stopping at South Coast Plaza to get a necktie for the wedding). Unfortunately, orange county is currently being hit with some massive forest fires so the sky was complete ash. Very sad to imagine all those people losing their homes. Because of the air quality I've decided to postpone my six mile run until tomorrow when we get back to SD. Tonight, I plan to relax with my mom and show her all the fun projects I've been working on. We're having a separate Chinese reception in LA after Christmas so we'll have to plan some simple decor for that too. MORE PROJECTS!! Sometimes I fear my brain will explode. Let's hope not until after the wedding.

Comments

3 Responses to "So Much Grass"

busy mama said... November 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Dude I love the menus and party favors... so pretty.
It is going to look awsome!

Ryan Gordon said... November 17, 2008 at 10:57 AM

i don't want any heads exploding on my watch...

Monkey said... November 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM

that looks so cute! i'm sending the picture to nelly.

dude, email me the pictures of your hair and makeup trial. i wanna see!