DIY Mania

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've been a slacker about posting, primarily because I've been too busy meticulously glueing layers of ribbon on favor boxes. At long last, I have finished all 59 boxes; there's suppose to be 60 but one of the tops is missing and I suspect a cat has swatted somewhere where it won't be discovered for another year. Here is the fruit of my labor. Inside, I plan to wrap two pieces of fudge in tissue paper and topping it with a little sticker that says "Thank You".


Ryan has undertaken the task of growing the wheatgrass. He's going to experiment with one out of the five boxes that came with the kit and if all goes well in the first week, we'll try growing them all. The first step is to soak the seeds for 8 hours and then spread them out on the soil. Now we're suppose to wait for them to sprout (under a layer of wet newspaper to keep them moist). Hopefully, the temperature out on the patio is ok. It's been rather cold out at night and strangely warm during the day. Cross your fingers!



As for my other projects, I've ordered the papers I need to print and assemble the ceremony programs and dinner menus. They should be delivered next week. In the meantime, I've also ordered a bunch of recycled tissue paper in hopes that I'll be able to create my own tissue poms to decorate the olive trees where the ceremony will be. That should be delivered tomorrow so I can start experimenting. I also had to order a bunch of ivory tulle (there was a minimum order requirement) so now I have to figure out what to use it for. So many ideas...can't focus...brain exploding...

Comments

0 Responses to "DIY Mania"