Fall Meals

Wednesday, November 12, 2008


In the spirit of fall, Ryan requested I make a sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top, a dish that made him nostalgic for his days in the South. Even though I thought it sounded kinda gross, I obliged. Here's the recipe I found (too lazy to copy it over). Surprisingly, it was much tastier than expected. It's not a dish you'd eat often since the marshmallows make it so rich but it was definitely festive.

On Tues, I made a vegetarian chili and some buttermilk cornbread. I think the cold weather is making me crave hot soups and filling foods. Sadly, it's also making less enthusiastic about working out since all I want to do at night is go home and curl up on the couch. I did make it to yoga on Monday but played hooky both Tues and Wed. I've got a short 3 mile tempo run tomorrow so maybe I'll try to do some yoga afterwards. Gotta keep the arms toned for the wedding!


Comments

2 Responses to "Fall Meals"

JV said... November 13, 2008 at 11:26 AM

YUMMMY-- I must have recipe for veg chili :)

Ryan Gordon said... November 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM

nice pics smoosh