Herbacious

Sunday, May 3, 2009


Check out this nice bounty of herbs I harvested - clockwise from top left: basil, parsley, rosemary, and cilantro. Hopefully I have enough basil to make a small bit of pesto. Yum.

Things have been busy as usual. Besides the usual work, I've started contracting on the side for my friend Bobby. He created a software product for political fundraising which is all web based. It's taken some time to ramp up since I've never coded in ASP.NET before, but I think I'm getting the hang of it and should be done with my first project soon.

On Friday, we went downtown with Ryan's family to see Vienna Tang play at Anthology. Ryan's dad is a huge fan and actually suggested to the venue that they book Vienna. The place was really nice and we had a great time eating, drinking, and enjoying the music. One of the opening acts was a guy playing pop music on a cello. Very different and thus highly enjoyable.

Saturday was the usual yoga and soccer combo for me and the hubs (respectively, not both). In the afternoon, we went to see the new Wolverine movie which was pretty entertaining. Sadly, we didn't get a chance to eat lunch before the movie so we pigged out on popcorn and dibs (ice cream nibblets of deliciousness). The story line didn't follow the comic exactly but I'm ok with the liberties they took. Plus Hugh Jackman is one fine specimen of a man and I'm willing to watch him do just about anything. Interpret that as you will. Later in the day, we discovered Fred sleeping in my gym bag. Ryan couldn't resist swooping her up. It was too cute.



Today was another yoga day and a double soccer day for Ryan. We tried a cool move today called Sayanasana. You start in forearm stand and then slowly lift your hands to your chin so you're balancing on the elbow. At first, I could barely get my hands to the chin but could not lift my forearms off the ground for the life of me. My muscles were super confused. After a few more tries, I finally got it (although I have no idea how I got it), albeit I had to do it against the wall since I can only balance in forearm stand unassisted for about 5 seconds. Fun though! I love my Sunday class because the teacher lets us try all sorts of crazy things. One day I'll need to practice at home and have Ryan take pics of me so I can see if I'm actually doing all these poses right.

In the afternoon, I spent some time in the garden and discovered that the Chinese lotus plant is indeed alive! Looks like a new leaf will emerge soon. Nothing going on with the other lotus plant though but I'm sure it'll kick into gear soon. Time to eat some grub and do some coding.


Comments

2 Responses to "Herbacious"

Monkey said... May 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM

oooh!! your herbs look amazing!

Monkey said... May 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM

next year you should plant some tomatoes. i bet they would do really well in your garden.