Love You Mom

Monday, November 2, 2009

I start off this post by saying "love you" to my Mom, who was grievously offended after reading my last post about her abnormally high Asian standards. Though I don't deny what I said before, I would like to add that my Mom raised two kids on her own in a foreign country and she did a damn good job doing it. You're the best Mom!

Now for a quick recap of the weekend festivities...

On Friday, there was an unimpressive Halloween happy hour at work. I was expecting the event to be spectacular, esp since it was hosted by Marketing who typically can stretch beyond the budget. But I was disappointed. Beer selection was sub-par and there were only 3 kegs versus the usual 4-5. At least I got to eat a chocolate cupcake and help Nevertap track down some cracked out looking girl who's been giving her the evil eye.

On Saturday, I went to yoga and then we ran errands in the afternoon. Mostly gift shopping for the Taiwan family. We got plenty of SD sweatshirts, boxes of See's candy, and some t-shirts from Banana Republic for my cousin. That night we went to a rock band themed Halloween party at Badge's soccer friend's house. Before we found out it was a rock star theme, we wanted to be matching Hamburglars but alas, that will have to be another year. Instead, we settled for the following.


I gotta say, this mohawk drove me insane. I wanted to go for a full spike but my hair just would not hold. Believe me, I sprayed half a can of hair spray and used half a bottle of gel. No go. Maybe I need some wax or something. The party was lots of fun. Everyone was super nice and of course I got OBSESSED with rock band. This is only my second time playing and sadly I ended up hogging the guitar a bit (I tried not to!). I wish I had it at home, but then again maybe it's better that I don't.

On Sunday, I went to yoga again, then Badge and I headed downtown to watch the football game and drink micheladas at La Puerta. Of course several micheladas turned into guacamole, turned into tacos and quesadilla. Despite being close to exploding, we waddled our way over to ghirardelli to split an enormous sundae. By that time, I was about to pass out from being so full so we quickly drove home and took a nap. That night we went to a informal engagement celebration at our neighbor's. Surprisingly, I enjoyed chatting with people despite the age difference. It was nice to put faces to the houses around us.

Tonight, I've watched 3 episodes of BSG and am tempted to watch more. Badge and I threw together a stew which turned our pretty tasty. That's all I got for tonight. 10 days till we go to the motherland!

Comments

1 Response to "Love You Mom"

Unknown said... December 6, 2009 at 2:02 AM

You two looked awesome!