Events

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Surprisingly, we've been pretty busy these past few days. Here's a quick lo down.

On Saturday night, we went out with the Gordon clan to Rama, a tasty Thai restaurant downtown, to celebrate Dog's birthday. There was a plethora of food; fried tofu, summer rolls, tom yum soup, vegetable red curry, to name a few. For dessert, Luna brought a chocolate cheesecake from Stephanie's Bakery (Dog is a recovering vegan). So chocolate-y.

On Sunday, I went to yoga, which was fun but painful after. Note: holding your foot behind your head for extended periods of time is a sure fire way to make your neck hurt the next day. Afterwards, Badge and I hit the mall to do some shopping. I was able to apply my Anthropologie gift card towards a dress for the holiday party. Whoo hoo. I also bought some night cream from a brand called Boscia that I found at Sephora. Apparently, it's good for sensitive skin since it has zero preservatives and is organic. That night, we went to a viewing of a show Ryan's friend Destin directed for TLC. The show is called Born Without Arms and was very touching and well done. The viewing was held at a hotel in Point Loma with many of the cast and production crew in attendance. Good stuff.

Then there was Monday, our one year anniversary! Crazy that it's already been a year...time certainly flies. Badge and I went downtown that night to celebrate at Nobu. We ordered yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno, oysters with three sauces, king crab tempura, scallops with wasabi pepper sauce, salmon tataki, and a bento box which is chocolate lava cake with green tea ice cream. All this was accompanied with lots of sake. Yummy plentiful sake. We meant to see a movie afterwards but the Gaslamp theater looked way too sketchy for me to enjoy. So we stopped by La Puerta instead for Badge to have a drink and me to sober up. Once home, we broke out the slice of wedding cake that's been in the freezer for a year and devoured it. It was like reliving part of the wedding. Here's to another eighty years of marriage!

Unfortunately, I woke up on Tues with the worst sore throat and cold. Bedridden, I worked from home huddled in bed. Badge took excellent care of me while I moaned and groaned. Strangely, I'm feeling much better today. Went to the office, had lunch with the ladies at Cozy's, now I'm at home watching BSG. Who am I to question this turn of events?

On a random note, there was a raffle yesterday for a free hotel room upgrade for our company holiday party (held at the Hard Rock Hotel), and I won! YES! I've never actually won anything in a raffle before. Very exciting. On a more random note, HR emailed me to let me know they're using my picture for some campaign at work. An email went out today to the entire company with me grinning like a fool. Apparently they're going to print out posters and prop them around campus. Greeeeeeeeeeeat. Already got so much crap for it today.

Comments

2 Responses to "Events"

Monkey said... December 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM

they should pay you for modeling

happy anniversary!

JV said... December 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM

So, for the record, I had two Blackberry Storms that sucked. Now I have the tour and I am much much happier :)