The Jig is Up

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Well, it's time to come clean...I'm pregnant!

Badge and I have a bun in the oven. We first found out over Christmas break when I missed my period (which was a shocker because I was absolutely convinced I was going to get it). Had I know I was pregnant, I might not have gotten quite so obliterated at Kimbo's holiday party just weeks before. Oops.


But there it was, the plus sign. After taking the test, Monkey, Ferret, and I examined the results quite meticulously. After some lengthy discussion, we three engineers reached the sound conclusion that yes indeed, I was pregnant. My mom of course was ecstatic. Later that week, we had dinner with Spike and Frog and surprised them with the good news.

Shortly afterward, I started getting nauseous and extremely tired. I guess the first trimester symptoms hit me early. At week 8, we went to my doctor's and had our first ultrasound where we saw our little peanut baby and it's heartbeat. Crazy!


Last week, we went back for our 12 week check up and preliminary screening. This time we could actually see the baby moving around in jerky puppet like movements.


I'm not starting to show yet but it has been quite uncomfortable to wear tight fitting clothes. At this point I just leave my pants unbuttoned and hope people don't think I'm a slob. Unfortunately, I've had to give up Atsuro's crazy yoga classes on the weekend and take up work yoga (more tame) again. Running has been non-existent. At best I do elliptical when I have the motivation to hit the gym. And of course I'm eating like a maniac.

My due date is August 30th. Commence baby obsessions!

Comments

4 Responses to "The Jig is Up"

Monkey said... February 20, 2011 at 8:09 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! how's your body pillow?

Renee said... February 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Looks like I picked an interesting time to look at your blog - haven't done that in a long, long time. Congrats. Be well. I know you're in great shape, but do take care of yourself. Hope to see you soon. Love, Mountain Hawk

Kimbo said... February 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Jess! I finally figured out how to leave a comment- whew! Anyway, so happy for you! you aren't the first person to get drunk w/me and then discover they are pregnant- but don't worry- all the babies were fine! :) kimbo

Kimbo said... February 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

sorry, that last comment wasn't very tasteful. I can do better! baby names here they come...